Monday, May 18, 2015

Walmart Prime?

Amazon Prime is possibly the world's best loyalty program.  The folks I know who use it swear by it and do everything they can within it.

Now Walmart wants a piece of that action.

http://www.canadiangrocer.com/worth-reading/walmarts-new-shipping-service-beats-amazon-53344

Here is a snippet from that piece:

Walmart Stores will test a new unlimited shipping service for online shoppers this summer in the U.S. that will be priced below Amazon’s US$99 per year Prime service.

Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the shipping subscription service will cost customers US$50 a year. Products will arrive in three days or less.

Personally I detest paying for the right to go buy stuff.  I'm far more interested in paying directly for that which I choose to buy.  I've also started to notice "Prime Only" products at Amazon that keeps me out of their garden.  Very annoying.  Could I allow myself to pay $50 for free shipping all year?  Maybe, but not likely, for me.  However this seems like a very good play for Walmart.

Happy Reading,

J.W. Gant

No comments:

Post a Comment