Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Best Reading of the Day - Entry 0077 Privacy and Location Based Services

ComputerWorld has an excellent article on location-based services, how retailers and app developers are using them to reach out to their customers, and a bit on the resulting privacy concerns.

Location_based_services_Controversy_at_every_level

This is an excellent read so be sure to go through all 4 pages.

Here is a snippet from that piece:

"I was in Chicago for a client meeting and was interested in meeting with the people in a large firm located there," recalls Garen Mareno, director of strategic partnerships for a design firm in Los Angeles. So he consulted his Here On Biz app, which locates nearby business people he might be interested in meeting, based on their social media entries.

"When I got there, many people from that firm popped up on my Here On Biz radar. I was able to set up drinks and make that first step. Another time I was in Russia and was able to reach out to colleagues I did not know were there," Mareno recalls.

Happy reading,

J.W. Gant

No comments:

Post a Comment