Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Apple's New Products 2018

Yawn.

Yes, I've been saying that for years now.  I'm a week removed from the product launch event and still haven't posted anything.

A new iPhone.

A new iPad?

A new iWatch err, I mean, Apple Watch.

This is the result of maturation of the product line and therefore isn't really newsworthy any more.  That is all fine.  Really.

Here we go:

iPhone Alphabet Soup

Who in the world came up with their naming convention for this lineup?  Last year we went from the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 to the ... iPhone X.  Heh.  So clever (I have one and it is fantastic).  So where to go now?

The iPhone XS
The iPhone XS Max
The iPhone XR

What? Yeah.  A bigger option.  A cheaper option.  30 minutes more battery life! Faster! Fine. 

"Hey Joe, is that the new iPhone?"

"Yeap!  I love it.  This one is the "ten ess MAX".

"Huh? You mean the X S Max right?"

"Huh?"

Apple Watch Series 4

My Series 1 watch just had a issue.  The watch face, the screen of the tiny computer on my watch, just went flying off during a workout.  I'm on standby considering my options.  Apparently the early batteries had an issue where some would gradually enlarge.  Apple was even forced to increase the warranty from 1 to 3 years.  Mine is 3 and 1/2 years old.  Mmmhmmm.

The Series 4 has a bigger flatter screen and more rounded edges.  Okay.

Here is an article on this subject that provides some details I did not:

https://www.recode.net/2018/9/12/17850362/apple-iphone-xs-event-apple-watch-series-4-airpods

Some reports indicate Apple will announce new iPad and Mac devices later:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brookecrothers/2018/09/15/up-next-for-apple-2018-macbook-air-new-ipad-pro/#5070fa843e26

Happy Reading,

J.W. Gant

No comments:

Post a Comment