Wednesday, March 22, 2017

BRotD - Entry 0248 - Mac vs. PC - Has Apple Left the Building?

Best Reading of the Day

I've always been brand agnostic when it comes to computers.  Whatever works is what I'll invest my money in.  So I've always kept an eye on the major competitors in the space.  For decades that has been Apple Mac and Windows PC.

One die-hard Mac user has given up on Apple and sees a lot to love about the new direction Microsoft is going.  Great read if you enjoy these sorts of things:

https://medium.com/charged-tech/why-i-left-mac-for-windows-apple-has-given-up-b48c0eaac64#.lpofyg332

Here is a snippet from the piece:

If you ask anyone who knows me, I’m probably the biggest Apple fan they know. Ask for a suggestion of what computer to get, and I’ll almost certainly either tell you the MacBook Pro, or to wait, because Apple is about to update its hardware finally.

But recently, I realized I’d gotten tired of Apple’s attitude toward the desktop. The progress in macOS land has basically been dead since Yosemite, two years ago, and Apple’s updates to the platform have been incredibly small. I’m a developer, and it seems to me Apple doesn’t pay any attention to its software or care about the hundreds of thousands of developers that have embraced the Mac as their go-to platform.

Happy Reading,

J.W. Gant

No comments:

Post a Comment