Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Apple Watch Update

These sort of Apple announcements don't usually provide enough to bother posting in here, but this update had one little feature that I just loved.

A "Theater" setting on the Apple Watch.

I've enjoyed my Watch, a lot, since it came out but one annoyance has been ridiculous. The use of the watch in a movie theater.

Yes, I'm one of those sticklers for turning everything off before the movie starts, and for loudly proclaiming the same to everyone sitting around me.  The Watch lights up when you raise your wrist and there has been absolutely no way to disable that feature, until now.  I've taken to turning my Watch completely off at the start of a movie, or removing it from my wrist and putting it in a jacket pocket, that makes me scared I'll lose it in the theater.

No more.

Oh, and there are other features in the update as well.  Read on:

https://watchaware.com/post/19889/watchos-3-2-theater-mode-sirikit

Happy Reading,

J.W. Gant

PS  This is just one more example of how far behind Apple's software lags behind its hardware.  Ridiculous this has taken so long to get in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment